EAST CLEVELAND BIG LOCAL PARTNERSHIP – Members Recruitment
East Cleveland Villages Big Local is a Lottery funded, resident led programme to invest over £1m in the communities of East Cleveland. Phase 1 of our programme ran from 2014 to 2020; we are now beginning phase 2 – which is due to run until 2026.
The attached action plan tells you about the history and the future ideas of this exciting community project. In January 2021, we relaunched ECVBL with a resident led plan to invest £211,000 in the local community over the next three years.
Under the rules of the Big Local programme, we require a group of at least 8 people, the majority of whom must be residents of the target area, to oversee and coordinate the delivery of the programme. We have 6 members, and we are looking for at least 2 more.
This is an opportunity to be part of a project that can do really good things for East Cleveland. It is also a great opportunity to meet people, learn more about community action and develop your own skills. There is professional support provided by Tees Valley Rural Action, our support organisation (Follow this link – Tees Valley Rural Action – Supporting local communities ) and there are many opportunities to learn – both locally and via the national Big Local programme. (Local Trust – Trusting Local People) We are all learning, so you will not be alone in this.
The way in which we are organised is with a steering group of up to 12 people and a wider community forum open to all. There are five themes to our plan and our intention is that each of these will be supported by a task or theme group.
The role of the Partnership steering group members is to:
- Listen to, connect with and be accountable to, local communities
- Oversee our Big Local action plan and steer how it is delivered
- Read communications and attend meetings
- Make shared decisions when necessary
- Be champions of the project
- And if you want – get more involved in particular themes and projects.
Attributes – or ‘person spec’
We are looking for people who:
- Support the resident led, inclusive approach of the Big Local programme
- Are passionate about the whole East Cleveland area
- Are willing to work together for the good of the whole local community
- Will be impartial and fair – will not favour particular ideas or projects
- Will be available and reliable – able to devote at least a few hours a month to the Big Local
- Are willing to learn.
To apply to join our partnership, please get in touch, and tell us 1) a bit about yourself and 2) why you would like to be involved. We do not need much – maximum approximately one side of A4.
If your application is appropriate, we will first invite you to sit in on a few Big Local meetings so you can get a feel for what we do and who we are. Then in due course we will agree with you whether it is for you and if you want to become a member.
For an informal conversation about the Big Local or to send your application, please contact:
Business Support Manager
Downloadable Information for applicants ECVBL Application information
Current ECVBL Plan 2021 to 2026